• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Turning Purple...

cdl0914

Members
Hello Folks!
One of my cryptoheros cutteri is turning purple at the lower half part of its body(below the mouth. His behavior is normal and my water is same as usual...I got them at CCA a month and a half ago...
What do you guys recommend, I am clue less, never heard of "purple" disease.,and don't think it is getting in the mood...
Thank you!

maddog10

Members
Claude,

Search the Internet for photos of the fish and see if you see the same coloration in any of the photos.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Male or female?

Females especially can be really variable in color.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (maddog10 @ Oct 28 2008, 05:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Claude,

Search the Internet for photos of the fish and see if you see the same coloration in any of the photos.[/b]

dogofwar

CCA Members
Here are some pictures of my F1's cutteri from Rio Jutiapa in Honduras:

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/s...650#post2011650

Cryptoheros are highly variable in appearance from stream to stream, which is why it's important to know the geographic varient and try to keep them "pure" to that varient.

The male of this pair too 1st place in his class (New World Cichlids) at the Catfish Convention a couple of weeks ago.

If you'd like you can get some from Ken Davis (next month's speaker)...or me (I have 1/2" available)...

Matt