• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Temperature Regulator

kaj41354

Members
I am hoping that either someone remembers this from April's meeting or I catch Dan Woodland on line. I am in the process of moving in October and will be able to build a nice big fish room from scratch. I remember Dan showing a valve? that he used to regulate the temperature of the incoming water. Can anyone remember what this contraption is called or where it can be found?

Thanks,

maddog10

Members
Kurt,

I bought one after the meeting. I scoured the Internet looking for one with low enough temperature rating. Look for a Watts L 1170-UT M2 the temp range is from 60 F - 120 F. The smallest size is 3/4". I can't remember where I got it from and I can't find the receipt. If I find it I will let you know. You can find them under radiant heat when looking for them.

Mike

Spine

Members
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (maddog10 @ Aug 18 2008, 05:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Kurt,

I bought one after the meeting. I scoured the Internet looking for one with low enough temperature rating. Look for a Watts L 1170-UT M2 the temp range is from 60 F - 120 F. The smallest size is 3/4". I can't remember where I got it from and I can't find the receipt. If I find it I will let you know. You can find them under radiant heat when looking for them.

Mike[/b]
Lowes doesn't list anything on their website. Home Depot only has one valve listed and it wasn't in the right temperature range. Depot does carry Watts products maybe they can order it for you.

I'm sure any local plumbing supply house would have it also. The Watts unit was the cheapest one I could find that also fit in the right temperature range.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores...catalogId=10053

http://www.pexsupply.com/manufacturer_prod....asp?brandid=25

mscichlid

Founder
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kurt @ Aug 18 2008, 11:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I am in the process of moving in October and will be able to build a nice big fish room from scratch.[/b]

Congratulations on having the opportunity to build a fishroom! :jumpy: Oh... and getting that house too. :D Please document your progress with pictures and notes.

kaj41354

Members
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mscichlid @ Aug 19 2008, 06:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Congratulations on having the opportunity to build a fishroom! :jumpy: Oh... and getting that house too. :D Please document your progress with pictures and notes.[/b]

Thanks Francine. I am kind of excited about it too. As you can see by the plans for the lower level. It is set up perfect for a fishroom. Mine has no windows other than 2 of the small basement type. The only thing I dont like is that they all are the same and you don't have options. the dang room comes finished with carpeting so, I have some work ahead of me. I may have to do without any fish for a little while but it will be worth it in the long run.

longstocking

Members
Please keep us updated Kurt !!

We are looking at houses ... for after we are married and I will need lots of ideas :) Ponds, more tanks... I can't wait !!!