• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Technonology

animicrazy

Members
Today was like any other in my world; paperwork, pool, my buddy Jim, and fish maintenance out the wazzoo!!

Thanks to a friend (a real one) I borrowed a sump pump with a 50' hose that sits in the bottom of a trash can while you siphon tanks - it has a valve that turns it on to empty when the level gets to a pre determined point - GREAT!!

I also have a multi stage filtration plant that feeds water into vats where I mix that which I deem necessary to best provide the water that nature intended a particular fish to have. Yes, I am nuts; but I'm OK with it, so tough.

Problem: Semi Automation can be a VERY dangerous thing!!! Point in case: Whilst filing a 65 from the vat with a "High Head" pump I became distracted; opps; OVERFLOW!!!. At first it seemed that it was no biggie; a little water on expensive carpet isn't exactly a reason to cry - the burning smell that followed a half hour later could have been!!

The power strip in front of the tank was soaked, but the breaker didn't trip - THUS the power strip melted and scared the liv'n begebers outa me!!!!

Therefore another thanks to Dan for reminding us that water and electricity do not mix - unless you're tired of your "old man" and need a quick fix!!

T.M.S.

DeeCee

Members
and before you pick on me for that, I am NOT the only person in America that still says YOWZA. :p

DC

kaj41354

Members
Wow Paul,

Glad to hear your OK.....I learned a few years ago to check those surge protectors every once in a while, I fried a year old computer on a cheap one from Wal Mart that I failed to check. Now a spend a few extra bucks, and watch the light and/or the breaker - it's worth it in the long run.

If I build a new fish house let's see ---Paul does the electric, Pat puts up the drywall, Bobby dances the hula and Donna is in the background yelling "YOWZA - Oh Yeaaaahhhhh"

Did I miss anyone?

:rolleyes:

Julie

Members
<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">Kurt, you missed me!! (and twofishguyz and others) :smashfreakB:

To stock your tanks, of course!! :jumpy: </span>

DeeCee

Members
:lol: and if I can't wear a grass skirt, can I at least wear a big feathered hat while I'm doing the "YOWZA-Oh YEAH?"

DC

kaj41354

Members
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Julie @ Apr 15 2008, 10:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">Kurt, you missed me!! (and twofishguyz and others) :smashfreakB:

To stock your tanks, of course!! :jumpy: </span>
[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DeeCee @ Apr 15 2008, 10:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
:lol: and if I can't wear a grass skirt, can I at least wear a big feathered hat while I'm doing the "YOWZA-Oh YEAH?"

DC[/b]

OK- I will of course need to stock those tanks and Donna can borrow Pat's grass skirt since he will be busy with drywall and I think the feathes would be a nice touch.

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (animicrazy @ Apr 14 2008, 02:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yes, I am nuts; but I'm OK with it, so tough.[/b]
Kurt I am literally LMAO!!!!!!!! :lol: You nailed it right on the head.

Kurt, you forgot Marge telling everyone what to do!
Umm, and Amanda arguing with Paul about what wire to cut.
Let's see, Franny taking pictures of everything that moves.
Sarah telling her future husband Bill to cut the 2*4's, while she reads a Scuba Diving Magazine.

And as for me, I'll be sitting there sucking down a Corona with some Salsa n Chips enjoying the view.;)

cyradis4

Members
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SubMariner @ Apr 15 2008, 02:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Kurt, you forgot Marge telling everyone what to do!
Umm, and Amanda arguing with Paul about what wire to cut.
Let's see, Franny taking pictures of everything that moves.
Sarah telling her future husband Bill to cut the 2*4's, while she reads a Scuba Diving Magazine.

And as for me, I'll be sitting there sucking down a Corona with some Salsa n Chips enjoying the view.;)
[/b]

Oh you have NO idea!!!!!!!!! When it comes to design, we argue all the time......

Amanda.