• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Tail Standing

marya

Members
I bought a juvi calvus about 2 months ago in dover, delaware. A couple weeks back I also picked up two smaller juvi calvus at the aquarium center and put them in with him. They've been much more active than the one from dover, they are about 1/2 his size.
Last night I noticed he was kinda tipping his head up while sitting stationary on the botton of the tank, and he was making "gulping" motions. He was also doing periodic shimmying. I left him alone, then this morning I checked on him and he is still on the bottom of the tank, sitting on his tail with his head up about 45 degrees and gulping. The other two smaller fish are fine, there is nothing unusual in the water chemistry or in his eating habits. He's young, only about 1.5" long.

any ideas?

okimavich

Members
That doesn't sound right. Typically you'll find the calvus almost standing on his head looking for food.

Beyond confirming your suspicions, I'm not sure.