• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Syno Multipunctatus

eden2020

Members
Well... a sort while ago I reported out that our Deep Water Hap breeding group assisted with 3 Syno Multipunctatus fry, and Thursday night from the same tank one of our Yellow Lab females released 4 more Syno Multi fry. We are crazy excited. 3 of the synos the second time around were pretty decent size and we have one runt.. But all are doing well!

-Marc and family

eden2020

Members
Synos...

Must be the corner love shack for the Multipunctatus. Sitting on the couch watching tv, and noticed a female Ruby Red not eating. At first, I though there was something wrong, looked closer and she was holding something, large and dark. I miraculously netted her in one swipe (I victory in itself) along with two yellow labs. I placed the Labs back into the tank and cupped her to see what the deal was. She proceeded to literally spit/ throw up/ fire a the single largest Syno fry I have ever seen so far. So off to the races with fry in/on hand and into the 10g with it's siblings. Also pulled a female Eureka red out and she released at least 20 fry this weekend too. My wife thinks its the water. I told her not to drink it. Heck- almost won't let her shower now.. LOL

So far that's, Deep water Haps, Yellow Labs, Eureka Reds, and Syno Multipunctatus this year.

I would do the BAP thingy, but nobody really out my way to verify things. Cool idea though!

-Marc and family..

fischfan13

Banned
That's phenomenal!
I have tried a dozen different combinations with none working, and your Syno's will basically give it up to anyone.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Must be the corner love shack for the Multipunctatus. Sitting on the couch watching tv, and noticed a female Ruby Red not eating. At first, I though there was something wrong, looked closer and she was holding something, large and dark. I miraculously netted her in one swipe (I victory in itself) along with two yellow labs. I placed the Labs back into the tank and cupped her to see what the deal was. She proceeded to literally spit/ throw up/ fire a the single largest Syno fry I have ever seen so far. So off to the races with fry in/on hand and into the 10g with it's siblings. Also pulled a female Eureka red out and she released at least 20 fry this weekend too. My wife thinks its the water. I told her not to drink it. Heck- almost won't let her shower now.. LOL

So far that's, Deep water Haps, Yellow Labs, Eureka Reds, and Syno Multipunctatus this year.

I would do the BAP thingy, but nobody really out my way to verify things. Cool idea though!

-Marc and family..

I'm pretty sure the first verification can be done with pictures. The follow up can be done at meetings if you bring fry for the auction.

toddnbecka

Members
That's phenomenal!
I have tried a dozen different combinations with none working, and your Syno's will basically give it up to anyone.
My eureka reds are quite good Syno multi hosts, more than half the time the females release catfish rather than cichlid fry.

eden2020

Members
Synos...

It took quite some time, but they originally chose the Deep Water Haps (3 syno fry). Then I had a successful release of both yellow Labs and Deep Water Haps. Next came the yellow Lab host (4 syno fry). And the odd ball Eureka female (1 syno fry).

Myabe I can sell some water at the auction: "Breeding Water" What do think that will bring in for the club.. :D

And yes- these Synos aren't shy. It's ridiculous now how easy it seems after struggling for 4 years to even have one Syno fry released..

Thanks for the kind words.. Been a great year for fish keeping at our house..

-marc and family..