• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Surprise!

Came downstairs to feed my fish today and found two of my minnows acting up. Once I started with the food, the smaller of the two kept swimming back and forth under my marineland 900 I used for a CO2 reactor and sure enough, they laid eggs on it! It didn't look like a lot but that doesn't mean I don't want to give them a shot, lol. I am curious as to what I should be looking for/doing over the next few days to help them out. Tank mates are 6 turquoise rainbows, 3 rosy red minnows(including the pair) and a few otos.

Thanks!

Carl

Sonny Disposition

Congratulations, Carl. Rosy Reds are one of my favorites. Keep them clean, though. They're susceptible to skinny disease.

Here's my blog post from when I bred them awhile back.

http://www.sonnysfishroom.com/?p=148

If they do start unexplainedly losing weight, you should humanely euthanize them. Whatever skinny disease is, it spreads fast. I lost half my fish before I finally got it under control.

Good luck with them!

Thanks Sonny, about how long do I have until they hatch in your experience? I can take the pump they laid on out of the tank this time but I will look into getting something more temporary for them to seek out. Also, could I brush off the eggs and return the pump or should I leave the pump with the eggs on it in the other tank?

Thanks so much, really wasn't expecting this so sorry for all the questions, lol.

Sent from my ADR6300 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App