• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Stocking Ideas for 30G Cube?

YSS

Members
Thinking about getting a 30G cube set up. Guess which one. :D Any stocking ideas? I was thinking something like shrimp and tiny fish like scarlet badis and may be endlers. Cool killies could work as well. Planted of course. Any other cool and unusual ideas?

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
If it is the oceanic cube, I found them limiting because they were so tall. I gave mine to a friend who is using it for a mini-reef. If it is the marineland cube (not sure if they make a 30), I have the 25 cube and find it is perfect for any kind of small scale set-up. Apistos or pelvicachromis would be appropriate cichlid choices, as would some smaller east africans.

YSS

Members
Thanks for the input. It is the oceanic cube. I think the dimension is 21 by 21 by 19 according to the website.

F8LBITE

Members
I think some small angels, a pair of apistos , a couple cories and it would be a nice little tank.

toddnbecka

Members
A few L-10a red lizard whiptails would go well with your proposed stocking. They're relatively social for pleco's. I've never seen any conflict between them, and the females generally hang out quite close together among the hornwort. I wouldn't keep endler's with Badis though, the endler's wouldn't leave any food for them.