• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Shrimp

mscichlid

Founder
What shrimp do you have available? Do you ever get the blue one and the one with a blue body and red eyes?

Thanks!

msjinkzd

invert junkie
Right now I have snowball, blue pearl, malawa, cherry, and amano in stock. Tonight I have dwarf zebra, green babaulti, black babaulti, and indian white banded coming. I think the ones you are referring to are an asian caridina species. I don't typically stock them (if you are referring to the orange eyed blue tigers) but I know a few folks in GWAPA are breeding them. I can get asian caridina species, but have to set up a tank with specific params as my source water does not work with them. Just let me know :)

mscichlid

Founder
I'm interested in the blue pearl and the cherry. I'm planning on starting a couple of shrimp tanks.

What is a good amount to start with of each?

longstocking

Members
Start with 10-12 hun... at least that is what I did and it seems to work out well. Feeders? ;)

I have plenty to feed my fish with. You can put pleco's in the tanks with them as well... I haven't noticed them doing any real damage to the populations.

mscichlid

Founder
Oh no! Not feeders. Rach has the hook up and the knowledge to help me get started. If I buy them from anyone it would be msjinkzd

msjinkzd

invert junkie
aw shucks! Will do franny. 10 is a fine number. The babaulti I import are adults and sexable so I can make sure I give you a good mix, maybe even some berried females to get started. :) Just remind me!

Only thing about keepign them with some plecos is as their numbers increase, they annoy the lving crap out of hte plecos which can effect their reproduction (in some cases, you migth say this is a benefit :p)