• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

SCUBA diving videos

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Got a GoPro camera as a gift a few years ago, and have been fortunate to be able to take it while SCUBA diving the last few times.

I recently went to St. Maarten, which is a small island country in the Caribbean near Anguilla and St. Barts, east of Puerto Rico.

There are several dive sites on the South side of the island, in and around a protected Marine Reserve.

I was only able to dive 2 sites, but both were enjoyable. The first was Proselyte Reef, named after the HMS Proselyte, the site of an old wooden boat wreck. Saw plenty of seal life, including a Caribbean Reef Shark, which can be seen in the video below.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
The second site was known as 'Carib Cargo' which was a ferry wreck from a recent hurricane. Good footage of a large Green Sea Turtle, plenty of fish, and a few Caribbean Reef Sharks, shown in the footage below.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
This footage is from a few years ago, diving in Montego Bay, Jamaica. I'll check my dive log for more specific details, but the footage below shows a 6+ foot long Nurse Shark.

chriscoli

Administrator
Nice! I just finished the confined water portion of my training today. Next stop is Grand Cayman for the open water half. :D

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Nice! I just finished the confined water portion of my training today. Next stop is Grand Cayman for the open water half. :D
Awesome, good luck and enjoy. I did my certification dives in a frigid freshwater quarry, tropical water is much more enjoyable. It will get addictive just like this hobby.