• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Scales is gone. What now?

Jumbie

Members
By the way, I work in Silver Spring just inside the beltway, is there one close to Silver Spring worth visiting?

Tropical Lagoon 9431 Georgia Ave, Silver Spring and only 2-3min down the street is Showcase of Tropical Fish [SIZE=-1]1250 Triangle Ln, [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Wheaton (Wheaton Triangle behind the Dunkin Donuts).[/SIZE]

rich_one

Members
I really envy you folks on the northern side of the beltway... seems like all of the halfway decent LFS stores are up that way, and many breeders as well. Southern MD? BAH! PetSmart, PetCo, and Walmart. The end. down here, you either gotta pay for shipping, or drive two hours to get a fish you want, that is not the typical "super store" fodder.

sucks.

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
Tropical Lagoon 9431 Georgia Ave, Silver Spring and only 2-3min down the street is Showcase of Tropical Fish [SIZE=-1]1250 Triangle Ln, [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Wheaton (Wheaton Triangle behind the Dunkin Donuts).[/SIZE]
Is Tropical Lagoon open again? Last time I went there it was closed for remodeling. I think it was doing a name change too.

George

Jumbie

Members
Is Tropical Lagoon open again? Last time I went there it was closed for remodeling. I think it was doing a name change too.

George

It's open. It moved downstairs. I like the new space better.

George, the new store/space is still in the same area it's just 3 doors before the old store with a bunch of clown fish (Nemo’s LOL) painted around the entrance. The store is downstairs and not on street level like it use to be, but I agree I like the new place a lot better.

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Yea, Steve at Tropical Lagoon is pretty cool. Sometimes, you'll see a couple of Heineken beers sitting in his frozen food section, which I think is pretty funny.

I always tell Steve when I get there," I'll take couple packages of your blood worms and a couple of your Heinekens too please." LOL!:lol:

RM

Sonny Disposition

I've been going there for years, to buy blackworms for the black bandeds. If there's anything good that can come out of Scales going under, it's that it drives home the point that you need to support your LFS, even if it means paying a little more. So stop buy Tropical Lagoon. Or Congressional Aquarium in Rockville, or wherever, so long it's not a big box chain. Buy some black worms, or some filter fiber, or whatever. The hobby is much worse without the little stores. Don't let any more go under.

Yea, Steve at Tropical Lagoon is pretty cool. Sometimes, you'll see a couple of Heineken beers sitting in his frozen food section, which I think is pretty funny.

I always tell Steve when I get there," I'll take couple packages of your blood worms and a couple of your Heinekens too please." LOL!:lol:

RM

dogofwar

CCA Members
Amen to that Bob!

I've proposed some ideas to Pat regarding a sponsorship program for LFS and online vendors... this is about both supporting the club and LFS that cater to hobbyists...

Matt

I've been going there for years, to buy blackworms for the black bandeds. If there's anything good that can come out of Scales going under, it's that it drives home the point that you need to support your LFS, even if it means paying a little more. So stop buy Tropical Lagoon. Or Congressional Aquarium in Rockville, or wherever, so long it's not a big box chain. Buy some black worms, or some filter fiber, or whatever. The hobby is much worse without the little stores. Don't let any more go under.