• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Sajica Juvies

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Rich

I don't know of anyone in the club that has any breeding pairs. I think Matt and AndrewTFW have growouts...

Good luck finding some. They are pretty cool little fish.

rich_one

Members
Thanks, Jon. They don't need to be breeding pairs. In fact, in this case, I'd prefer them to be juvies, so they can grow out alongside the cutteri juvies I'm getting. I did check with Matt, and he does indeed have a couple of growouts, so I thought I'd check amongst the club, before looking elsewhere... just in case!

-Rich

Spine

Members
Just got a update. My buddy says the parents chewed a hole in the breeder net,lol
Now the fry are back in the tank, he's gonna leave them in there,lets hope for the best they ate the last spawn.

Hawkman2000

Members
Tell him to feed them more. Cichlids need to be fed a little more when they are caring for fry. They chew a bunch of it up and spit it out for them. At least in my experience.

dogofwar

CCA Members
I lost a bunch after the fire last year but I have what looks like a pair growing out. For whatever reason, the lines that are in the hobby right now don't seem very strong. And I'm, uh, suspicious of the origins of the (unique) "yellow" strain that Conkel sells.

The problem with Cryptoheros-types is that whenever they're available...no one wants them.

When they're not, everyone does.

If I had a dollar for every sajica, nanoluteus, HRP, cutteri, rare Thoricthys, spinosissimus, wild-type Con, centrarchus, etc, etc. that I've basically given away over the years....

Never fear, they'll re-appear in the next few months... Rapps usually sells them for $8 or $10 each for little ones.

Matt