• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Ruby Reds Now Holding!!!

Well, I went to charleston to pack the rest of my house and I came back to grenville for a HUGE SURPRISE!! My ruby reds are NOW HOLDING... I am speechless!!!

HoldingRR.jpg

Thank you VERY MUCH!! Speaking of that, I will donate up to 10 (depending on quantity) for yall's next auction. I will make arrangements with Mr. Patrick Kelly on getting those to your club so other members can enjoy these beauties. They are MAGNIFICENT.. By far the best Rubies I have seen in person my whole life!! I am sure there is a better one out there but hey I have babies now :)...

Take care

longstocking

Members
ok... stunning fish... CONGRATS ! I don't want any ( tang fan )... but thank you for the donation !

I don't trust anyone of you to receive the darn things in the mail :p :lol: j/k *kinda* :p

Longstocking,
Well mail order fish seems to be the "way" to go if your LFS doesn't have the "specialized" stuff that you might be looking for. I admit, when I first started, there was a learning curve of about 10 shipments but after I got it down and all I haven't lost a single fish in about 200 shipments.

The key is you have to get the chemicals right and balanced. I am a big fan of HEAVY sedation so the fish do not injure themselves nor puncture holes in the bag. I use a very harsh sedative that basically washes the fish out but once you put them in your tank give and give them 6 hours they are back to where they were. I have to do this b/c the people at FedEx seem to throw the boxes any which way they know how!!

longstocking

Members
I ship a couple boxes every week :)

I was making a joke... :) that who ever receives them from you wouldn't bring them to the meeting and keep them for themselves... because they are SUCH NICE FISH :)

Just messing around :p

Oh, that was WAY over my head, LOL.... I thought you were talking about shipping techniques; shows how stupid I really AM. LOL!!!

No, everyone will have a chance to own these as I am not charging an arm in the leg for the fry for select groups/clubs that are members... Most of them will be donated (up to 20% of them) while I am keeping out others and doing research on... Check www.nycichlids.com under my post there; really don't wanna type all of it.

well after 2 batches of Ruby Reds they have all collapsed :(....... My buddy who has these from the same guy has the same problem, however, he said the first batch did these to with the Albino Ruby Red females so hopefully it was just the trip. We'll see but I am not very happy right now.
jpk

Been a while since I updated... Fish are breeding pretty regularly and getting a whole bunch of fry outta them. They appear to be all legit as the biggest ones are about 2-2.5" and looking good.. I'll keep you all posted.
jpk