• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Riverdale Pets

rich_one

Members
I don't know how "official" this is, and I don't know how I forgot to post this. But a couple of weeks ago, when I was in Riverdale Pets (for the first time ever!), they told me they were moving from that location, and coming south. They said there is a chance they could end up in Waldorf, but that they were at that time looking at a site in Oxon Hill.

If I ever hear a specific timeframe, I'll post it here, and if anyone else does, please do so!

Good news for us Southern Marylanders, pining for a decent LFS near us for once!

-Rich

verbal

CCA Members
Have you been to Animal World in Owings on Rte 4?

I stopped by this past weekend and the place seemed pretty decent. Not specialized in fish, but what they had seemed pretty good.

mscichlid

Founder
That would suck! Eventhough the store is junky and stinky, he gets in wild pikes, plecos and corys...and he's not that far from me. Waldorf. HA!

rich_one

Members
Have you been to Animal World in Owings on Rte 4?

I stopped by this past weekend and the place seemed pretty decent. Not specialized in fish, but what they had seemed pretty good.
No idea where Owings is, but I don't think its anywhere near where I live?

-Rich

verbal

CCA Members
No idea where Owings is, but I don't think its anywhere near where I live?

-Rich

I looked at the Google map. It is probably only 10 miles from Waldorf. However it is about 25 miles driving because of the Patuxent River.

Diogenes

Members
they have some neat stock but they're awful proud of it and gouge prices. Also not the best customer service. I don't know if I did something to offend the guy that works there, but I've walked out of there with cash in my pocket even though they had what I was looking for (Serrasalmus geryis several hundred a pop) simply because they're rude.

If they move it won't bother me any...

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
I don't know how "official" this is, and I don't know how I forgot to post this. But a couple of weeks ago, when I was in Riverdale Pets (for the first time ever!), they told me they were moving from that location, and coming south. They said there is a chance they could end up in Waldorf, but that they were at that time looking at a site in Oxon Hill.

If I ever hear a specific timeframe, I'll post it here, and if anyone else does, please do so!

Good news for us Southern Marylanders, pining for a decent LFS near us for once!

-Rich
JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE W/ THEM. IT IS OFFICIAL IF THEY DONT RESIGN THEIR LEASE IN DECEMBER. OTHERWISE THEY SAID THEIR # WILL BE THE SAME AND DIRECTIONS WILL BE ON THEIR WEBSITE.

mscichlid

Founder
He was always pretty nice to me. I almost worked for him, but changed my mind as he was only offering minimum wage.

Davey_8313

Members
I've been in there a lot and she usually seems nicer. Might be b/c he doesn't really talk much. Just kinda sits there behind the counter looking grumpy whenever I'm there. He's nice though if you can get him to talk. Their prices are a little high but they have a lot of stuff I can't find down here.

rich_one

Members
I was only there once, and I had no problems. Some of the prices are bad... some so-so. I could tell the guy was kinda no nonsense though, just from his demeanor. But that said, I had no issues on my one visit.

-Rich

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I was only there once, and I had no problems. Some of the prices are bad... some so-so. I could tell the guy was kinda no nonsense though, just from his demeanor. But that said, I had no issues on my one visit.

-Rich

Seeing as how you and him share the same first name, I would think he would be a bit warmer to you. :) Seriously though, Rich is a good guy. He is not overly social and is in need of more staff than he can afford, but is still a nice guy. He tranships in all of his fish, making it a good place for wild caught oddballs. He specializes in aggressive fish and plecos. There is no guarantee on any fish or light bulb, but you know this up front. Quarantine would be highly suggested. He is also by far the cheapest place for the SFB Roll-a-cube blood worm boxes.