• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Rare South Americans At

Andrew

Members
Rare South American...

Characins!!!

Coming out of quarantine today:

Morado Tetra: This is one of the prettiest, coolest tetra I've ever seen. Rarely imported into the US (or anywhere else for that matter). Black base color with a thin gold lateral stripe and scarlet red peduncle spot. Wash the whole thing with royal purple (hence "Morado", get it?). Grows pretty big too for a tetra, maybe 2.5" TL.

Pygmy Hatchetfish: Carnegiella myersi Not often seen Hatchetfish, full sized at less than an inch.
Coral Red Pencils: Nannostomus mortenthaleri You know this fish already... At least if you've been to Francine's house.
Three Stripe Pencilfish: Nannostomus trifasciata Not rare, but really nice, healthy specimens
Skunk Corys: Corydoras arcuatus Not rare, not a characin, but also really nice fish directly imported.

Of course, there's lots of other stuff here too...

Come on by; check 'em out!

kaj41354

Members
Andrew,

Is this the Morado that you have? If so - it is gorgeous. The only references to a Morado tetra link to H. nigricinctus

Hynig_ua.jpg

mscichlid

Founder
Andrew, I hope you don't mind....This is the fish: Not a good image, but you get the gist. I'll see you tomorrow!

moradoWEB.jpg

Andrew

Members
Francine's pic is the one. Mine aren't showing the purple quite yet but I imported them a while ago and they developed it as they got comfortable in the tank. In fact, they looked better than the picture here!

I'd love to see the fish in Kurt's picture too... Maybe another time.