• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

pool filter sand

cdjunior24

Members
i'm in arlington and have done some google searches but nothing has really come up...anybody know where to buy? i only need a 50 lb bag

maddog10

Members
There has to be a pool supply or maintenance store somewhere near you. Those places are everywhere.

Any particular reason you want pool filter sand? You could use 3m Colorquartz if you are using it as a substrate. It is still available. Let me know if this is what you want and I can dig up the # where to get some in Springfield.

DonkeyFish

Members
Hey, I got a 50# bag of the quartzite pool filter sand over here in Chantilly at the intersection of Rte. 50 and Lee Road. Pool Pros, 703-631-1010. Grand total with tax was $10.45. I agree 100% with it looking more natural than the 3M Colorquartz, which only comes in BRIGHT white or a tanish, neither of which looked like anything I could imagine finding in nature. Freshwater nature at least :)

The PFS stays put too, and perfectly clean right out of the bag. TOTALLY sold me on that one. Play sand is just too much of a mess, I'm in a condo and can't exactly sit outside with a hose and bucket for a weekend rinsing sand.

cdjunior24

Members
actually found a 50lb bag for $16.10 at a pool service place right off rt 29 in cherrydale (arlington)

now i just need the tank, stand, and fish.....

Hey, I got a 50# bag of the quartzite pool filter sand over here in Chantilly at the intersection of Rte. 50 and Lee Road. Pool Pros, 703-631-1010. Grand total with tax was $10.45. I agree 100% with it looking more natural than the 3M Colorquartz, which only comes in BRIGHT white or a tanish, neither of which looked like anything I could imagine finding in nature. Freshwater nature at least :)

The PFS stays put too, and perfectly clean right out of the bag. TOTALLY sold me on that one. Play sand is just too much of a mess, I'm in a condo and can't exactly sit outside with a hose and bucket for a weekend rinsing sand.
Which color did you get?? I might go there today or friday.