• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Plecos And The "right

marge618

CCA member
I am looking for small plecos that will get rid of algae and add color and interest to my 29 gallon tanks. One tank is heavily planted community tank stocked with pearl gouramis, swords, blue rams and a herd of cories. The other has rusty and yellow lab cichlids, rocks, and driftwood. So far I have this info:
"Ancistrus claro Knaack, 1999
Common Name(s) Gold Marble Bristlenose Catfish, LDA08
Type Locality Brazil, Mato Grosso, Rio Claro, above the bridge, in the direction of Chappada dos Guimaraes"

I would appreciate pics of small interesting pleco from those who keep them. Also, info as to tank size and tank mates. I understand they won't eat my aquarium plants ....or my fish?
Thanks Marge

longstocking

Members
Is it heavily planted with soft leaved plants? If so I would not suggest a bistle nose pleco. They will shread the leaves pretty good ! The oto's I mentioned to you earlier might do ok as they won't shread your leaves ! ... not sure though as I wonder about how the rams would treat them.

I've been thinking of trying these out as well Marge. I think Frybabies has some or is getting some soon.

For the rock tank... I'd go with some regular albino or brown BN plecos.