• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Ph Monitor

cyradis4

Members
I was looking around at different things, and I came across a site that has the complete plans for building a pH monitor for a tank, one that can be built by anyone with a bit of electrical knowledge. As I have more then a bit of such knowledge, I think I'll be looking into building one.... Pricing it and all. I don't have the link with me, but I'll post it once I get home if anyone is interested.

Any one ever tried a project like this before?
Amanda.

longstocking

Members
I'd love to see what the price comes out to. Bill's pretty handy and maybe I can sucker him into doing it :unsure:

Done alot of diy... or Bill has and I watch lol....

post the link... we might just try it.

cyradis4

Members
Here is the link.

http://www.66pacific.com/ph/ph_1.htm

I'm going to price it in a week or so (kinda buisy right now). My dad seems to think that there is a way to get cheap pH electrodes (ie, those that do not cost $50) cuz otherwise its not really worth it. You can buy decent pH meters for about $50.

If I find cheap electrodes, I'll post it. And if anyone else can find them, I'd like to know.....

Amanda.