• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Oca Extravaganza

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Got back yesterday about 4 pm.

Had a great time. Made some new friends. Talked with old friends. Made a few contacts for future speakers. Played in the snow. Showed a few fish. Looked at a lot of others.

We did not go into the city on Friday like we talked about. It snowed on Thursday evening and again Friday evening. City was a mess so we stayed at the hotel and talked fish. Had to be 40-50 rooms selling fish, plants, shrimp, and such.

The numbers were down a little from last year because of the snow but still 270 people attended.

Already have the days off for next year if I still have a job.

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GJR2 @ Nov 24 2008, 08:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
It was a good event. CCA was certainly under represented. Must be the economy and everyone is out of work. You missed a good one and we messed you.

Coolest thing I got was Blueberry shrimp. These guys are just like cherry red shrimp but bright blue. You should have been there. These are really cool.

George[/b]

Hey George, sounds like you had a ball at the OCA. I'm not surprised, I had an awesome time hanging out with you at the catfish convention. You my friend are a walking PARTY! ;)

Anyways, that blueberry shrimp sounds pretty Cool. Can you take a picture of it so we can see it.

Cya later Alligator,

Richard

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
Yes, I missed you Richard. We (CCA) usually have a major presence at these events. All of you who stayed home must have known about the snow. I have seen my share of snow growing up in Chicago and it was not fun, unless maybe you had a couple of kids to throw snowballs with like I once did.

So, we will see lots of CCA folks next year, right? There isn't any snow in next year's forecast.

George

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GJR2 @ Nov 25 2008, 02:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
So, we will see lots of CCA folks next year, right? There isn't any snow in next year's forecast.

George[/b]

LOL
I have seen some type of snow every year going up there. Either a flurry on the way up or a dusting over night while there. This was the worst I had seen and even that was not bad. The roads were fine for me and I spent most of the time in the hotel anyway.
It did keep Ron Georgione away though. LOL

George

Up hill both ways, right Michael?

One thing I forgot to mention about the fish show at the OCA Extravaganza that I won't mention. You have to ask our head man, Pat about it. Ask him if he entered any fish and if so how he did. Few people that we had, at least someone covered the CCA in glory. Does anyone actually care?

George

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Thank you George.

Not a big deal. They were, after all, Georgioneless. lol When I found out I realized some of us had a chance to do better than the 2nd or 3rds I have had in the past.
I was shocked though. And happy of course.

George

Push him someone. He is too modest. I don't even like those rift lake things but think yours are pretty special. I don't care who was there. You deserved what you got.

I think I better bring some show fish next year just to support you.

Nice job Pat. Congratulations.

George

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Congratz Pat on getting Best in Show!!!

And if my last statement was wrong, then Congratz on getting 1st place.;)

Richard

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Way to go Pat!!! What an excellent way to represent the CCA from far away.

I took a lucky guess and I was right. ;)

I'm so happy for you, please give us all the details.

RM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
I got a 2nd, a 1st and Best of show Cichlid.[/b]
cool.gif

clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Thanks guys.
I have not opened the camera bag since I got back. Been sick.

Only took a few pictures of set ups and stuff for a presentation at ACLC

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
The snow right outside the hotel door. Looking to the left.
DSC_0002.jpg

Not really as deep as it looks.

Now looking to the right. My truck in center after cleaning and running out.
DSC_0001.jpg

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Like I said, lots selling out of the rooms. This was one of the best set ups.
Both are the same guy.
DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg