• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Northeast Council Convention Coming Soon

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Only been to this one 1 time. Had a good time but liked others better.
Course this is the only all species convention I have ever gone to.
Guess that makes a difference.
I see they have added a few things like a Plant only auction.
Still no fish show though.

mscichlid

Founder
I think they do have a fish show but it's like the AKC. You have to be invited to enter. They go by the highest winner of show points in the clubs that participate in the NEC. I think...

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I heard yesterday that the show portoin is like 10 tanks.
The top show winners from each of the member clubs are invited to participate. The Innes show?

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Got this email today.

Here is some info for the NEC convention in Connecticut this year. Please post, or pass on to your members.

thanks
David

Wolfgang Staeck from Berlin, Germany will be speaking, this is the first time he has spoken in the US. He is a well know author, has collected in Africa and South America many times and is president of the German Cichlid Association. He just had an article in TFH on Tropheus, and this will be one of his topics at the convention.

Also speaking will be Rusty Wessel on Central American cichlids. Many people know Rusty since he speaks often at ACA and other club events, but this will be the first time he has spoken at the NEC convention.

As always, there are typically many good cichlids in the Sunday auction!

www.northeastcouncil.org/convention

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Man, they are really pushing this one this year.

Got the email yesterday.

Got a flyer in the mail Saturday. 1st time.

Got another email saying the same thing but from a different person today.