• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

No More Fed Ex Ground Shipping

Jay

CCA Members
It has been a tough week at CAS. After almost ten years of using Fed EX to ship my fish, all of the sudden they will no longer deliver fish by Fed EX Ground. In the past, the fish were delivered at my risk (no insurance coverage, my lost if anything went wrong). On Friday, I got a shipment stuck in NC as prohibited. As a result, I am now changing shipping services to UPS who will deliver fish both by ground or by air services. The worst part of this is that UPS One Day Ground delivery area is smaller leaving some of my customers with only the choice of second-day ground service or next day air services. In addition, Fl is now outside of my second-day ground zone and will require either next day or second-day air services. See the chart in on my shipping options page to get an idea if you are still in my one-day ground zone. On top of that, winter is coming and soon I will not be able to ship by the second-day services once the weather gets below 45 F. I am doing my best to work with or find another e-commerce partner to get the lowest UPS Air Rates possible. The good news is the for most of you in the areas just outside of my one-day ground zone, the cost to ship the two smaller size boxes should not go up more than about $10 to go by air rather than ground. Remember to get the most out of your shipping, try to order a full box. Boxes have a minimum dimensional weight and my box sizes are geared to hold close to that weight in fish when full. Another good thing is UPS calculates dimensional weight as (L x W X H)/166 and Fed EX changed to (LxWxH)/ 133 in January. This means a few pounds less on dimensional weight on my two larger boxes which may help on Air Rates.

For this reason, I will need your support more than ever over the upcoming winter months when it is not possible to ship more than one day in transit.

Jay