• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

New Central Virginia member.

MonteSS

Members
Hey all. New to the site. I live in central Virginia, near Charlottesville.

After not keeping fish for over 25 years, last January I got a good deal on a 75g off Craigslist. I wanted a CA Comunity tank so decided to go with all females. I was old school so went with gravel substrate, an Eheim 2028, and an AC70. Some rocks, driftwood and fake plants.

My 75g has been up about 8 months now. My goal was a community type setting that was interesting and interactive without too much aggression.

It seems like going with smaller growing Cichlids and keeping it all female, I now have a great tank that is fun to watch.

The one Nic turned out to be a male and they paired up, but so far no spawns. Seemes like he is getting frustrated that she wont lay eggs and he will chase her a bit. But then she goes back to his side and snuggles up and all is well.

The HRP and Centrarchus paired up and lay eggs but they stick to their nest under the root and short chases will ensue if anyone gets too close.

The Mixteco is a bit of a runt and keeps to her self. She is starting to color up now.

The white HRP is a flirt and trys sucking up to everyone.

The Con is real pretty with long extensions and non aggressive.

Thanks for looking. I know everyone likes pics. BTW, I use an OLD 1.3 megapixel camera that takes great pics IF the target is not moving at all.

....Bill

Here is a shot of the Centrarchus I think came out great. She is rather shy. She and my Mixteco will only eat flake food and are not growing very much. She is about 3 1/2". She gets real dark in her breeding colors

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
Hey, I'm a Bear's fan so welcome. We even have mental defectives here who are Cowboy and Steeler fans. It takes all kinds. I even like some of them.

George

Lively

Members
Yeah, seems we love fishies more than football (mainly, I think) I'm actually a 9ers fan who avidly dislikes the deadskins and cowpokes...:eek: but they put up with me...;)

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
Yeah, seems we love fishies more than football (mainly, I think) I'm actually a 9ers fan who avidly dislikes the deadskins and cowpokes...:eek: but they put up with me...;)

Yep, it's not like you count Stacey. Go back to fish'in. That's todays.

George

Lively

Members
Yep, it's not like you count Stacey. Go back to fish'in. That's todays.

George

Hey! Stop hacking the satellite to spy on me... (I just walked back up from the pond... caught one piddley little fish and Abby is nabbing them left and right!)

Cartel

Members

Woot woot I just realized you said 49ers! They were my first fav team but after the steve young days I gave up on them....but I still hold a soft spot for them haha.

Lively

Members
Young was the best! I've been a fan of the 49er's for 30 years! Loved 'em through the bad times... no fair weather fan here :)

D.Icect

Members
New Central Virginia member

hey guys whats up im pretty new here ive looked around for awhile but havent said much so here it is im the new guy from bath co VA

marge618

CCA member
Welcome to CCA. (We seldom talk football.) At CCA it's usually lake comptetition. Our teams are Lake Tang vs Malawi and Old World vs New World.