• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Need a final ID

iamzrad

Members
I got mixed ID's for this guy, and possible hybrid qualities.
Kenyi, exasperatus and tropheops mixes.

He changes colors, from light blue to dark blue almost purple.

CCA members know best, so any help is appreciated!

3160591787_9a37d8b395.jpg

3162098310_a6c703ea3e.jpg

Here's some shots of a dinky little point and shoot,
cichlids015.jpg

*kicking myself I didn't have the DSLR setup for this shot!! :mad:
cichlids023.jpg

dogofwar

CCA Members
My best guess is that he's a hybrid mbuna with some Pseudotropheus, Tropheops, and maybe some Labeotropheus in him (for the funny nose). He's a pretty fish but probably not "pure"...

iamzrad

Members
Yeah, he is very unique, but I want to close down on the ID for this guy.
He's quiet most of the time, but like all fish, he will pick on "new comers" in the tank, but after a week or so, he settles back down.
He's about 5-5.5" as well.

Charlutz

Members
Where did you get him and what was he sold as? If you can't identify it, it's a hybrid or (less likely) a specimen that is so poor it doesn't look like others of its species. No offense intended, just trying to be objective about what I see.

iamzrad

Members
The only thing I remember when I bought him was that he was labeled as "Mixed Cichlids" some years ago.

maddog10

Members
About 90% (maybe even more) of the time, fish sold as 'mixed cichlids' are hybrids. They often come from the fish farms and sometimes fish seem to migrate from one pond to another.