• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

More Nic babies

MonteSS

Members
I have 40 or so at about 1.5".

6 for $28 including shipping

Parents
Picture2479.jpg

nicc.jpg

...Bill

rsretep

Members
I have six nics that I cant seem to get to breed, looks like they dug a pit (maybe that is the beginning) any suggestions or thoughts thanks :D

dogofwar

CCA Members
Give them a nice flowerpot and some sand (vs. gravel). Nics lay non-adhesive eggs and cover them in sand.

Males, especially since they're usually quite a bit bigger, can be rough on females and keep them from getting their share of food. I've kept them (partially) divided (hole in divider big enough for female but not for the male).

Matt

MonteSS

Members
My pair grew up together from 1.5". Always dug together and acted like they wanted to but never did. After a year of this I put the largest Cichlid Stone cave in the tank and they spawned right away and ever since. They outgrew that cave and I got an even bigger one now that he fits in.

...Bill

rsretep

Members
My pair grew up together from 1.5". Always dug together and acted like they wanted to but never did. After a year of this I put the largest Cichlid Stone cave in the tank and they spawned right away and ever since. They outgrew that cave and I got an even bigger one now that he fits in.

...Bill

Cool may be an option for mine also

rsretep

Members
My pair has bred and have approx. 30 free swimming fry, the pair dug a cave in the gravel under a half coconut cave, the female is still in the coconut and the male is protecting the fry from inside the gravel pit...think I will remove the fry from parents and put them in the old trusty net breeder :D:D:D:D