• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

MARCH PHOTO OF THE MONTH

Vote for your favorite photo

• Photo A

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Photo B

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Photo C

Votes: 40 78.4%
  • Photo D

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Photo 5

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tug

All you fin nippers out there, cut it out.

WendyFish, thank you for pointing out the other thread. I hope my post explains my less then perfect remark from earlier, http://www.capitalcichlids.org/forums/showthread.php?p=145190#post145190

Purely for educational purposes, I hope we get to see the original photo of pic. C. Even when it's not all been positive the opportunity to gain another prospective has been enlightening and I've enjoyed learning about the flash technique. Thank you.

TMSB805

Members
Purely for educational purposes, I hope we get to see the original photo of pic. C. Even when it's not all been positive the opportunity to gain another prospective has been enlightening and I've enjoyed learning about the flash technique. Thank you.

I've taken plenty photos like the one you're talking about and i can almost guarantee you that there will be no difference between pre and post editing. Increasing the aperture will create the blacked out background.

Please respect the art......

T

tug

I'm not sure how this spun out of control. I never said that edited photographs should not be allowed into the competition. I like the picture and I'm not just talking about the background/blackout aspect. I tried to make a joke to get my point across. Over the internet humor can be misunderstood. I should have left it at, it's hard to compete against such great photographs.

It doesn't mater if a picture is edited or not. Everyone can compete as long as they take the picture. I don't see what would be disrespectful about asking to see the original photograph to learn a little more about the process involved. Anyone who wins the PotM is happy to share how they took their picture. Even if they used a cell phone, it helps all of us who want to try our hand at taking pictures.

I agree with Tony and Pat. The point is to have fun.

:beamup:​

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I'm not sure how this spun out of control. I never said that edited photographs should not be allowed into the competition. I like the picture and I'm not just talking about the background/blackout aspect. I tried to make a joke to get my point across. Over the internet humor can be misunderstood. I should have left it at, it's hard to compete against such great photographs.

It doesn't mater if a picture is edited or not. Everyone can compete as long as they take the picture. I don't see what would be disrespectful about asking to see the original photograph to learn a little more about the process involved. Anyone who wins the PotM is happy to share how they took their picture. Even if they used a cell phone, it helps all of us who want to try our hand at taking pictures.

I agree with Tony and Pat. The point is to have fun.
:beamup:
His point was its possible to take photos like that without editing.

Back to the original point; a bunch of great photographs, and hopefully we'll have a bunch of great photographs next month...

I've taken plenty photos like the one you're talking about and i can almost guarantee you that there will be no difference between pre and post editing. Increasing the aperture will create the blacked out background.

Please respect the art......

Bwahahahaaha! LOL!!!! ROFTL!

Here's to the Ansel Adams of Africans!

Status
Not open for further replies.