• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Looks like the female was a BGJD

drgnfly829

Members
I wasn't sure until i had grown out the fry (all 8 of them out of a batch of hundreds-that should have been my clue) got her from aquabid which is a crapshoot-- Looks like I have electric blue male BGJD female I
have 4 babies very light cream with broken stripes. they are under a centimeter right now. the male is hollywood line no clue about the female
I have a related female i think she has an incomplete gill plate who is showing breeding colors. It's killing me!!!
I'm not going to separate my pair and I have only one adult male electric blue dempsey. The ones i bought from rapps have at least 6 months to go.
I killed soo many fish trying to get these to breed.

drgnfly829

Members
UPDATE

YES!! She is a blue gene female and I also have her sister
will post pics at some point in the day Had to recharge the camera batteries.
hatchout rate is still miserable, probably the water purifyer as it is with all my breeding fish.
but i have 4 1 inch electric blues, 4 1 inch blue genes ,THAT I BRED:jumpy::jumpy::jumpy:
and the stuff I just got from aquabid to keep my gene pool from getting too shallow
:p

Lively

Members
YEAH!!!! That is very cery cool! I'm still waiting for my guys to lay some eggs. I've got some aggression going on (watching them chase each other as I type this lol), but nothing that looks like pairing up and mating - yet.

TheWire

Members
very cool. Hi there if you planning to get rid some of the bgjd, let me know...I am definitely very interested

cheers

drgnfly829

Members
cool about the group stacey

Yes I will have some bgjd, my hatchout rate is awful because of the water,(time to change the whole house water purifyer) but i had also purchased some on aquabid,
I will keep everyone posted it will be easier to catch up if i can get to the occasional meeting (depends on my work schedule, i have two part time jobs and do alternate saturdays.at one place i am done at noon at another 3)

TheWire

Members
Yes I will have some bgjd, my hatchout rate is awful because of the water,(time to change the whole house water purifyer) but i had also purchased some on aquabid,
I will keep everyone posted it will be easier to catch up if i can get to the occasional meeting (depends on my work schedule, i have two part time jobs and do alternate saturdays.at one place i am done at noon at another 3)

I have a water purifyer for sale..or trade ...i will look into what's the make and model if you are interested. let me know if you want to let a couple bgjd go

thanks