• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Looking For Smaller Cichlid's

hudson21222

Members
First I guess I should tell you my tank setup, and the African Cichlids already in my tank. I have a 120 gallons, rocks of course. And have 5 Yellow Labs, 4 unknown, 6 Acei. I love my Acei's there not aggressive, and they seem to enjoy changing there color as there mood fits.

I just wondered if there where any other non- aggressive smaller fish that could be kept with these guys? I just don't want any really large fish like the ones that get like 10"-12". I also wondered if anyone here sold any of there fry? I have been looking for pearlmuts, I think there called there white with yellow fins. But so far I have no luck, but I figure I will find them when the time is right to have them.

Thanks for everyones help and advice.

animicrazy

Members
Krissy,

Amanda and I have Cynotilapia afra's (Mbunas); don't know if they mix with what you have - Maddog could answer as well as other people. I'm bad with what mixes with what 'cause I break all the rules if I want and see what happens!!

Paul

maddog10

Members
Most afras (like almost all cichlids) display some aggression. The afras are not that bad and will end up between 3-4". A lot of people like to have male only peacock tanks (because the males are the good looking ones). If you chose to do that, there is an 'assortment of colors' to choose from, red, yellow, orange, blue.... well you get the point. Most peacocks will stay 5" or so.

Keep watching the Trader section of the Forum for deals on fish or come to the meetings, there are always fish in the auctions.

hudson21222

Members
Sounds like the size I would enjoy. I have seen some of the peacocks and they are extreemly colorful. I will keep to mind about comming to meetings as well, we almost made it this past Saturday did'nt get the use of a car till after 1:30pm.

But we are going to make it to the next one I hope. By chance when will it be?

maddog10

Members
The next meeting will be Saturday May 12 at 2:00pm. Meetings are always the second Saturday of the month (except July, August and December)

marge618

CCA member
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Krissy @ Apr 13 2008, 09:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Sounds like the size I would enjoy. I have seen some of the peacocks and they are extreemly colorful. I will keep to mind about comming to meetings as well, we almost made it this past Saturday did'nt get the use of a car till after 1:30pm.

But we are going to make it to the next one I hope. By chance when will it be?[/b]

Hi,
Sorry you weren't at the April CCA meeting on Sat. Looking forward to greeting you in person at CCA soon.

Try posting exactly what cichlids you wish you had on the trader section of the forum. Many of the CCA members breed african cichlids, have them in grow out tanks, and might be more than willing to sell them to a fellow CCA member.

Later,
Marge

F8LBITE

Members
KRISSY, I too would recommend an all male Peacock/Hap tank. There is minor aggression in my tank and all my boys look great! Since you have a 120G you could have a nice mixture of color and size in there.