• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Looking for canister for 1st timer

Duane911

Members
Looking for affordable canister. Never had one and will need coaching. I have 2 penguin 350 bio wheels on a 55 but feel like I should be doing more. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Matt

Members
Fluval 405 is a descent canister which would be OK for a 55, they dont move a ton of water but they can handle a sizable bio load and they polish the water very well. Are you going to keep your power filters with the canister?

Duane911

Members
I'm new at the whole canister thing so I'm confused with the use of power heads + canister. I could use some schooling.

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
Check out the sunsun line of filters on eBay. Msjinkzd has one and their was a great review on aquaria central.

Posted via mobile.capitalcichlids.org

mchambers

Former CCA member
SunSun

Check out the sunsun line of filters on eBay. Msjinkzd has one and their was a great review on aquaria central.

Posted via mobile.capitalcichlids.org

I just added one to a 55 that already had an Emperor 400. I got the 302, which has 265 gph. Definitely look at aquariacentral. That's what piqued my interest.

I'm very happy with it, but only time will tell, of course.