• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Looking For A Store

Hello there, I am fairly new to the area. I currently live in Columbia, MD and was wondering if you folks could help me find a fish store to stock my new 55 gallon. I have been to a few in the area but they seem very expensive. Thanks

L

Larry-T

There are a few stores that many of us deal with.

Two stores I know are Tropical Fish world in Gaithersburg. The store owner is a marine biologist and is someone I have worked with for a number of years.

Totally Fish in Aspen Hill is also a quality store. I deal with them less frequently, but have been impressed with their selection and quality. A number of the CCA members work there part-time and can probably provide additional information.

Cristy

Members
Daniel Cohen and I both work at Totally Fish. The store specializes in African Cichlids and has quite a large selection, thanks in part, to Daniel. The gen. manager is also a hobbyist who loves to order all the weirdest and rarest fish he can get his hands on!

D

daniel4832

If you come to the meeting this Saturday you could find enough fish though the auction to stock your 55.
Where in Columbia do you live, I live in Ellicott City and another club member lives in Elkridge.
Christy thanks for the kind words :D .
Thanks,
Daniel

actually I live in Ellicott City, I just moved here and somtimes forget, I just moved before Christmas, where exactly is Aspen Hill? I would like to go this weekend and get some fish

Never mind I found it any chance you have a faster way than what Yahoo maps suggests. It seems that there is a more direct route and I would like to visit tomorrow