• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Lamprologus Occelatus Fry!!!!!!!

rsretep

Members
finally got some fry from my occies....shell has been protected diligently for weeks (it seems like)

I am so excited.....noticed a few fry swimming just at the mouth of the shell

any suggestions on what to do next...do i leave em with parents or try to pull them out to another tank(which i dont have) lol

Cool. :cool0036:

I pull the shell out and place it in a 2 1/2 that is filled with the main tank water. To play it safe, I place a large cup in the the bottom of the main tank next to the shell. Place the shell in the cup. Then empty the shell, with the water from the cup, into the 2 1/2. When the parent(s) swim free of the shell, I net them out and put them back in the main tank where I have added a new shell for them.

I leave the fry and shell in the grow-out tank and start feeding them immediately when they start free swimming around the shell opening. Frozen baby brine shrimp the first few times, and then alternate with crushed NLS pellets.

rsretep

Members
hey sarah these fish came from you....have moved the shell to another location and all seem to be well

got the brine shrimp hatchery going and feed them twice yesterday....thanks for the great fish and info along the way...