• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

ISO tank and acrylic sheet

Freakgecko

Members
I’m looking for a sheet of 1/2” acrylic if anyone has any. Need to make doors for a snake enclosure but can’t find it locally (if you know somewhere, that works too).

If I can’t find that, then I’m looking for a 75 and iron stand, or a 40 breeder and iron stand. My uaru seem to have paired up, and there’s no way a spawn would last more than a day in my tank with around 15 catfish in there

Freakgecko

Members
1/2" seems excessive for doors on a snake cage. How big are you making them?
Not very big, like 10x20” (can’t remmeber the exact at this second). The reason for half inch is because the PVC sheeting is also half inch, so it would fit a bit more fluid into it, and then using some window sash locks to lock it in, and a lip on the inside to keep it from falling in

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
JLW JLW might have a connection for acrylic, or an old tank laying around.

Freakgecko

Members
I was planning on ordering pre cut pieces, but it was like $60-80 for the two pieces I need. Might be easier. Just want to free up the snake’s 75 gallon for the uaru

Wet Sleeves

CCA Members
Staff member
I was planning on ordering pre cut pieces, but it was like $60-80 for the two pieces I need. Might be easier. Just want to free up the snake’s 75 gallon for the uaru
you might find a nice enclosure on kingsnake or fauna classifieds

Wet Sleeves

CCA Members
Staff member
Unless youre worried about a large snake breaking it. I had several 6-7.5ft female BCI in custom enclosures with sliding glass and they never broke it

Freakgecko

Members
They only sell super thin glass, and the polycarbonates are too thin as well. I originally had a track like I did on my other enclosure I built, but it wasn’t working right due to the flexibility of the PVC. I ended up adding a center brace in what was the front opening, to better support the top. Now I’ll be doing hinged doors with sash locks holding it in place and locking it. Don’t necessarily need 1/2”. I could router the PVC sheet at the top so that the acrylic fits into it, if I could ever get the hang of my new palm router. I’m not the most handy guy ever, have been trying to learn new skills in my time between employment