• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

I need Free Ramshorn or pond snails

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
I need Free Ramshorn or pond snails. Just bought two dwarf Puffers from Tropical Lagoon and want to start a feeder snail colony. I can pick up at the January meeting.

chris_todd

Members
Dude, you need snails? Stop by my house anytime, and I'll let you take as many dozens as you'd like! PLEASE! :-D

I'm in Catonsville, PM me for the address.

BTW, my offer stands for any and all owners of puffers - you need snails, please come to me.

DonkeyFish

Members
Ditto here, for VA folks (or anyone in MD, of course). I keep scooping them up and throwing them in what was my quarrantine tank. Now it's just a disaster of snails waiting to go somewhere else.

chris_todd

Members
Yeah, what is it about us plant keepers that we all seem to have an over abundance of snails? I have a dwarf puffer that I keep moving from one tank to the next, and while he does a real number on the snails, they never seem to completely disappear. He's a very happy (and fat, LOL) dwarf puffer, though! We just bought some assassin snails from Rachel, and while they're very cool, I have yet to see an assassination, LOL.

As a matter of fact, I have an entire 20 long setup (with lights, Rena Filstar XP1, heater, ecocomplete substrate, and plants) that has an established snail colony (as well as a handful of red cherry shrimp) I'd be willing to sell. You could buy a pre-established snail colony!

YSS

Members
So, dwarf puffer eats snails? I literally have thousands of MTS in all of my tanks and would love to get rid of them. I have 10 clown loaches in my discus tank, but they are not interested in eating my snails. I know puffers lives in brackish water, could they live in non-brackish? Also, would they try to eat my small fish like cardinals?

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
Yeah, what is it about us plant keepers that we all seem to have an over abundance of snails? I have a dwarf puffer that I keep moving from one tank to the next, and while he does a real number on the snails, they never seem to completely disappear. He's a very happy (and fat, LOL) dwarf puffer, though! We just bought some assassin snails from Rachel, and while they're very cool, I have yet to see an assassination, LOL.

As a matter of fact, I have an entire 20 long setup (with lights, Rena Filstar XP1, heater, ecocomplete substrate, and plants) that has an established snail colony (as well as a handful of red cherry shrimp) I'd be willing to sell. You could buy a pre-established snail colony!
THEY COME IN ON THE PLANTS OR TRAVEL AS EGGS/ BABY SNAILS.