• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

How much needs???

NYfan78

Members
With my current stock list (in my signature below) and the pic of my texas holey rock i have in the tank now, how much more would you all suggest me get. Should I extend it out to the edges of the tank and stack it up some or what? I need suggestions. Thanks! :D
Aquarium004.jpg

bertolli

Members
Here's my 55 before i broke most of it down... some people said it looked like a garbage dump but my fish loved it and it was fun watching them swim in and out of the rocks.
DSCN0510.jpg

NYfan78

Members
Im just wondering if it enough rock for the fish i have? Thanks Phil and i like ur tank Mark, looks good!

if thats the dump i wanna be a piece of trash!!!!!

im working on a source of holey rock at decent prices and if i get the connection ill be able to pass it on to everyone

bertolli

Members
We should do a club order of holey rock and just split up like 500lbs. :p
Personally I prefer lace rock in african tanks tho

Matt

Members
With my current stock list (in my signature below) and the pic of my texas holey rock i have in the tank now, how much more would you all suggest me get. Should I extend it out to the edges of the tank and stack it up some or what? I need suggestions. Thanks! :D
Aquarium004.jpg
I personaly like the rock almost side to side and about half the height of the tank. I do agree with iamzrad, it's yours do it how you like it, if other people don't like it so what.

Jumbie

Members
I agree with Phil it all comes down to what you like, but if you are not satisfied with the look yet and you are looking for ideas than I have one for you. I would get two more smaller-medium size rocks and set up two nicely stacked piles on both ends of the tank. I think the height of the rock is fine its right were I would want it for that size tank. Just another opinion won’t hurt to try it out and see if you like it. When I had my reef tank I changed the aquascape every 3 months almost lol. Just have fun with it!