• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

How Long To Get Color...

...in cyprichromis leptsoma. I have five that are about two inches long now and are not showing much color. Only one shows a trace of blue. None show any yellow at all.

They have been on a steady diet of NLS and have been in a 120g tank for a few weeks. They share the tank with one a. calvus, one a. compressicepps, twenty 1" juvie tropheus reds, five clown loaches, one adult (very old) synodontis eupterus, and a couple ancistrus.

Should I be more patient? :( I wanted the cyps for the yellow and blue colors they are suppose to provide. :angry:

D

daniel4832

Bobby,
The major reason that Tangs are "less popular" then other African Cichlids is that they grow so much slower then other East African cichlid, heck slower then most cichlids all together. What makes them worth the wait is their unique behavior, wait until you see the "3-D" spawning behavior of your Cyps, there is nothing else like it! If one of your fish is coloring up it won't be that much longer before the rest of your males color up, and unlike the other Africans, all of your males will have color not just the dominate male. :D
Hope this helps out.
Thanks,
Daniel

You might not ever see the yellow.... Adults can throw both variations..... but somtimes you get all blue males.
[/b]

Well in that case. Where can I buy some Paracyprichromis Brieni? :rolleyes:

1bCyps112806.jpg