• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

How long to BN pleco fry leave cave?

verbal

CCA Members
How long does it typical from hatching to the fry leaving the cave?

I have a male who has been in the same hole for over a week.I saw eggs and hatched fry, but I haven't seen him leave the hole to be able to investigate their progress. Should I try to get the fry out?

The temp is in the mid-70s.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
I believe that mine are typically in there about 15-20 days or so before they swim out of the cave, but not 100% certain. If the plecos are the only inhabitants of the tank, you can just let the fry swim free. The parents and other larger offspring will not eat them.

verbal

CCA Members
There are a few small Labidochromis in there that I plan to remove.

A funny thing about the other inhabitants is I noticed a 2" blue lobster crayfish in that tank last night. The tank is on a rack and the tank next to it housed a brood of blue lobster babies. So some how the guy made it to the adjacent tank and stayed hidden for a couple months. I moved him to the outside 40 breeder with the remainder of his siblings I haven't sold yet.

marge618

CCA member
There are a few small Labidochromis in there that I plan to remove.

A funny thing about the other inhabitants is I noticed a 2" blue lobster crayfish in that tank last night. The tank is on a rack and the tank next to it housed a brood of blue lobster babies. So some how the guy made it to the adjacent tank and stayed hidden for a couple months. I moved him to the outside 40 breeder with the remainder of his siblings I haven't sold yet.

Afraid he knows how he got there the first time. Watch out for your blue travelers' return.