• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Hooked On Cichlids

maddog10

Members
[attachmentid=167]My name is Mike Hill. I have been into fish keeping for about 25 years (mainly marine systems). Recently decided I wanted to try my hand at breeding fish and cichlids seemed a natural choice. Going to concentrate on Malawi species for now. Will have fry in the auctions very soon. I always like to find clubs or organizations that share my interests (and are willing to answer all of my questions, I ask alot of questions) and the CCA came highly recommended. Lived in Maryland all of my life, sometimes I think I am the only person that actually likes living here. Went to my first CCA meeting (May). Learned plenty and really enjoyed myself. Sure I will have even more fun when I get to know some of the other members.

I design fire sprinkler systems for a living. Right now the consrtuction industry is so fast paced, I need my fish to help me relax. Never been married, people tell me marriage is great.

Hope to meet more of you guys at future meetings.

Not all fish are just for looking at. Some are good with butter and lemon.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Welcome Mike.

This months meeting will be big like May.

And with the picture you posted. The butter and lemon would need some crab meat with it..

C

Chuck & Veronica

My name is Mike Hill. I have been into fish keeping for about 25 years (mainly marine systems). Recently decided I wanted to try my hand at breeding fish and cichlids seemed a natural choice. Going to concentrate on Malawi species for now. Will have fry in the auctions very soon. I always like to find clubs or organizations that share my interests (and are willing to answer all of my questions, I ask alot of questions) and the CCA came highly recommended. Lived in Maryland all of my life, sometimes I think I am the only person that actually likes living here. Went to my first CCA meeting (May). Learned plenty and really enjoyed myself. Sure I will have even more fun when I get to know some of the other members.

[snip]

Not all fish are just for looking at. Some are good with butter and lemon.
[/b]
Hey Mike,

Welcome to the CCA. The May meeting was my first, and it was a great one. Speaker was great, the auction was awesome, and the chicken wings were beyond compare! I'm buying myself next time one of those nifty shirts Pat was wearing. :)

I've been thinking and planning on starting a Malawi tank for a long time. Maybe having some of your fry available will finally be the boost I need to actually get it started.

Getting married can be very rewarding, particularly when your significant other shares your passion for fish keeping, as my wife does. I used to be mostly in tropicals, but with her influence, we now have almost exclusively cichlids. I have to keep her away from the auctions. ;)

Chuck

maddog10

Members
Chuck,

Let me know when you are ready, I have more fry than I can handle (and there seem to be weekly replacements). First groups are just under 1/2" but they seem to grow pretty quick.

Mike

maddog10

Members
Have 2 lines going right now Aulonocara stuartgranti (Chilumba) and Cynotilapia afra (Puulu). When my room is done I will probably add 2 more lines.

Mike