• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Hi! It's Me!

Laxison

Members
Hi everyone!
I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Allison and I've been fish-keeping for almost all of my life but only got more serious about it within the last two years. A little bit more about myself...I graduated from Villanova University in May of 2005 and have been working in the Finance world since October following a trip to Puerto Rico with my family in August, a month of backpacking in Europe with my boyfriend (September) and months of sleeping until the crack of noon and doing absolutely nothing between graduation and the trip to Puerto Rico. Man those were some good times!
When I'm not staring at my aquariums (only two, when I move out I'm totally getting bigger tanks!) I'm usually at the gym, biking (I have a 186-mile race in the fall along the C&) canal for charity), playing the guitar, down and out in Bethesda, rooting on my Villanova Wildcats in basketball or following other random hobbies of mine.
I attended the meeting Saturday and had an absolutely wonderful time! I was kind of nervous going since I didn't know anyone there; Pat came right up to me, introduced himself, welcomed me to the meeting and I immediately felt more comfortable being there! I really enjoyed the speaker and was so excited to take home some fish with me (one Kipili regani and 5 Altolamprologus compressiceps).
There is no doubt in my mind that I will join this club and will bring my membership payment to the next meeting. I wanted to thank those that I met at the meeting because everyone was so kind and welcoming. See you all in June!

Allison

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Well, welcome Allison.
It was very nice to meet you at the meeting and I hope
we live up to your expectations. We are trying to grow the club and
you sure picked a good month to come by.

pat

Steve

Members
"months of sleeping until the crack of noon"

Well, as Homer Simpson would say, "Ooooooooooh."

All right, another Bethesda resident. Cool!

Cheers,
Steve

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Allison is now the newest member of CCA.

I will try to get your status on the forum switched as soon as I can.

G

Fish I have in my tanks...let's see:

In one tank I have one Kipili regani and 5 Altolamprologus compressiceps (Red Fin) that I won at the auction at this past month's meeting.

In my Mbuna tank I've got an Electric Blue Johanni, a Labidochromis textilis (beautiful but very shy), a Melanochromis auratus, a red zebra and a Kenyi. Of course there are some clown loaches thrown in there as the clean-up crew and well as a pleco I tossed back in (after having taken it out of another tank to put in the new fish I got from the auction).

I also have a tank of swordtails that breed like teenagers. I had to move them into a smaller tank so that I could use their old one for the new guys I got at the auction (of course they were put in when I was able to up the pH...the rest of the water parameters were perfect). It's killing me that they're in a smaller tank now and I'm trying to get out to get a new tank for them but the soonest I can do so is Sunday I believe!

Laxison

Members
PS Yay! Pat got the membership check! I sent it yesterday because I was way too excited to join and I didn't want to have to wait until June's meeting to join!

The post above: "Fish I have in my tanks...let's see:

In one tank I have one Kipili regani and 5 Altolamprologus compressiceps (Red Fin) that I won at the auction at this past month's meeting.

In my Mbuna tank I've got an Electric Blue Johanni, a Labidochromis textilis (beautiful but very shy), a Melanochromis auratus, a red zebra and a Kenyi. Of course there are some clown loaches thrown in there as the clean-up crew and well as a pleco I tossed back in (after having taken it out of another tank to put in the new fish I got from the auction).

I also have a tank of swordtails that breed like teenagers. I had to move them into a smaller tank so that I could use their old one for the new guys I got at the auction (of course they were put in when I was able to up the pH...the rest of the water parameters were perfect). It's killing me that they're in a smaller tank now and I'm trying to get out to get a new tank for them but the soonest I can do so is Sunday I believe!"

was from me but I wasn't signed in...

C

Chuck & Veronica

[/b]
We would love to see pics of your Mbuna tank. That's the next tank that I'm going to be starting, and I'm always "fishing" around for ideas and tips and advice! ;)

Welcome to the CCA.

Chuck

Laxison

Members
Hey Chuck and Veronica! I'm working on some pics for you all (and the forum) and will get them up as soon as I can.

longstocking

Members
Hey there !

Just wanted to say hello... and welcome :)

I'm also a tang lover :D and also a redhead :) .... is too many things in common a bad thing? LOL

Anyways... welcome....

Make sure you check out the catfish convention.... there should still be lots of cichlids there :) and lots of fun to be had. (a lot of tang loving women will be there from all over the USA)... it's not comom that we can all hang out together :) The WONDERFUL Barbie will be there :) I can't wait to meet her myself :)

C

Chuck & Veronica

Make sure you check out the catfish convention.... there should still be lots of cichlids there :) and lots of fun to be had. (a lot of tang loving women will be there from all over the USA)... it's not comom that we can all hang out together :) The WONDERFUL Barbie will be there :) I can't wait to meet her myself :)
[/b]
The special, early-registration fee ends this month. So if anyone's thinking of registering, this month is the best time to do it.

Chuck