• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Help With Id

cabinetmkr39

DavidG / CCA Member
[attachment=349:peacock011.jpg][attachment=350:peacock8.jpg][attachment=351:peac
ock4.jpg][attachment=348:peacock9.jpg]Not sure what type I got here?

You have a Aulonocara Jacobfreibergie. Not sure which location. Could be a "Lemmon Jake" .

An old picture of mine from three years ago...
114aLemonJake72605.jpg

maddog10

Members
I don't think it is a "lemon Jake" because of the dorsal margin and it looks more orange than yellow.

Looks like a young "Carolinae" to me.

caro-3X.jpg

I used to raise Otter Points. They aren't always the same coloration. If you look through the sample profiles of the CF reference that was made, there are at least four different colors in the images. I guess it could be one. The Carolinae normally has a shallower and longer caudal than the fish we are trying to id.

Here is the last of my strain. Old picture...

1cJake032605.jpg

marge618

CCA member
Wow! :addpics2:

I hope you all keep discussing this one. I am loving the Malawi Peacocks pictures. So far I wish I had one of each of those fish shown!

David: Please make sure you remember to post pictures of this fish as it matures!
Then we will know whether it is a jake (Aulonocara jacobfreibergi) Lemon, Otter Point, or "Carolinae".
It's like unveiling, or painting the fish with fantastic colors!

Later,
Marge