• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Hello From Calvert County, Md

Hello Everyone,
I'm not new to the hobby, but recently re-introduced. I initially bred African Cichlid's out of my basement and traded in for store credit to buy my 220 gallon tank. I ended up with about 8 tanks, and met others doing the same thing. It was nice to trade fry for fry, and see some pretty interesting setups that others had. I got back into the hobby by buying from Ron Neilson, and then Bob Pilato, but have not done much since then w/ new fish.
I strictly have Malawi type for now, but want to get my newly purchased 150 gallon cube tank setup soon.
I have about 35 Socolofi fry right now at about 1" - 1.5", so if anyone is interested maybe we can trade???

If you have any questions please let me know.
Otherwise I'm looking forward to being a member here.

Favorite fish to look for in the near term are Tropheus, Juli Marleri, Calvus, Frontosa, and eventually more Mbuna.
Favorite fish right now that I have are Greshaki.

:beamup:

marge618

CCA member
Hello! Welcome to the Cichlid Forum. This is the place to go to cichlid info. If they don't know they can tell you where to find info...fish..and fish supplies. Hope to see you at AquaFest this weekend.

Marge

DeeCee

Members
Hey, welcome to CCA! Glad to have you here :sign0201:

If there's any way you can make it to AquaFest this weekend, it's DEFINIETLY something to go to. Especially if you have a 150 you're looking to fill with some interesting fish that you can't get often. The cube shape should give that tank a pretty interesting look when you have it all filled, hope you can share pictures of it with us!

DC

D

daniel4832

Welcome Jeff! Hope you can make it to AquaFest this weekend.
Thanks,
Daniel

Charlutz

Members
Welcome Jeff! You've tapped into a fantastic network of very knowledgeable and well connected cichlid keepers. Some of them are even nice. :FIREdevil:

Linda_Ka

Members
Hello From Calvert County Md

I agree with what youve just said about the county ground its the Ideal site for the ground.

Welcome Jeff. I grew up in Calvert County. I am a Patuxent High graduate. I have Juli Malieri, a ton of them. I also have Socolifi but I might be interested in getting some in trade for diversification. What else you got?

And, Hopefully my Moba Fronts will produce this year too.