• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Hello all

My wife (Jennifer) and I got into fishkeeping about a year and a half ago. It started with a free 55 gallon community setup and escalated quickly from there.

We reside in Bel Air, MD and love everything about fish (except sickness, ich, etc.).

We currently have the following tanks setup:

125 Gallon SA/CA tank
125 Gallon African Peacock/Hap. tank
120 Gallon Mbuna tank
75 Gallon SA/CA tank
60 Gallon with small Red Dragon Flowerhorn
2 x 29 gallon hospital/quarantine tanks
40 gallon grow-out tank with mbuna/peacocks
55 gallon community tank
We also are building a fish room with (8 x 40 gal breeder, 6 x 29 gal grow out and 10 x 10 gal fry tanks).

We use too many different types of filters to list (FX6s, FX5s, SunSun canister filters, along with many different HOB).

We started really getting into Cichlids with African Malawi Mbuna, but since we have ventured into the SA/CA, my wife and I are both more partial to these type of fish.

We are still new to this hobby and I have never participated in forums so feel free to correct me if I am not posting in the right area.

Last thing, we predominantly feed Northfin fish food to all our tanks, which we get from Super Cichilds. Laurie has been awesome to work with.

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
You’re in the right place and Welcome to the Forum! We hope to see you around at the meetings sometime. There are a LOT of SA/CA/African cichlid breeders around! Enjoy!

Thank you so much and we are definitely going to attend meetings as much as we can. I left out one big piece of information in my introduction. My wife is the one who does most of the work with tank maintenance, fish health, water changes, etc. This is the one hobby that we both enjoy and share.

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
That makes life so much easier! If you both have MTS (multiple tank syndrome) then you’ll have a house full of tanks in no time!

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
We also are building a fish room with (8 x 40 gal breeder, 6 x 29 gal grow out and 10 x 10 gal fry tanks).

We use too many different types of filters to list (FX6s, FX5s, SunSun canister filters, along with many different HOB).
Seems like you could benefit a lot by setting up an air driven system, and using sponge filters or matter filters. Feel free to ask questions if you're interested, its great for larger setups for several reasons.

Welcome to the club, and look forward to seeing you (both) at a meeting.