• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Growing Brineshrimp

okimavich

Members
Now I've hatched brinescrimp before and used them for my fry. I'm thinking about trying to grow them out to a size big enough to feed my adult fish. This would be the alternative to buy a dixiecup of them at the lfs every few days.

So, to my question. Has anyone done this before? What was your setup, procedures, mistakes, etc? How long does it take for them to be big enough? I am think that this could be done with common items without expensive commercial contraptions.

Thanks. :)

mscichlid

Founder
John,
The only time I ever got shrimp to grow to full size was when I totally neglected the container after adding the powdered food in an attempt to get the bbs to last longer. It was quite funky though.

Francine

okimavich

Members
Tanks, guys. It seems like it's more work than I originally thought. I think I'll give it a try when I finally get that linear air pump. I figure I'll have plenty of extra air capacity after plugging my five tanks into it. :p

Yes, Francine, I'm still waiting for the Alita 40 to come in. Maybe I can aircool my computers with it, too. Hmm. hee hee! :lol: