• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Giant Black Plakat Betta

lestabbity

CCA Members
Happy Friday! This giant black star tail Betta is available. $40 obo, or equivalent trade (ISO at the bottom!)

Very healthy, he's been in our care for about a month. Eats pretty much anything you give him. Lives peacefully in a community with dwarf cories (c. habrosus) and von Rios tetras.

He will eat chili rasboras, though, so keep him with fish too big to eat if you're going the community route! Dwarf cories or CPDs are about as small as I'd recommend.

I live in Camp Springs, MD, and work on the border of NE/NW/Takoma and in Alexandria, happy to bring him along to work if that's easier for pickup.

We ordered a super black plakat pair for breeding, and got the wrong fish. We got a partial store credit for the mixup, but still need to re-order and pay to ship the ones we wanted, so hoping to recoup the difference.

For trades, we are looking for:
Chili rasboras
Celestial pearl danios (males or mix gender)
Cool goth female Bettas (super black, super red, dragonscale, samurai, avatar, etc), with a preference to half moon and plakat
Planted tank substrate
Cool aquatic plants

Screenshot_20220701-110739~2.png
PXL_20220516_155916316.jpgPXL_20220527_163745985.MP.jpg

lestabbity

CCA Members
What do you consider cool aquatic plants?
I'm open to suggestions since i'm still learning about them.
I like most buce, but dark skeleton king is my favorite. Things that are dark, or red, or have interesting leaf shapes and textures are always a hit with me.

My tanks have good substrate and lighting, and I add root tabs and other fertilizer when/if necessary, but I don't do co2 injections.