• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

FS: Lab. sp 'Hongi' SRT breeding colony (and fry)

chris_todd

Members
I have a breeding colony of 14 Labdichromis sp. 'Hongi' Super Red Top in a 50 breeder, and I need to break down the tank, so while this has been an enjoyable tank to observe and a fun species to keep, I need to sell them.

This is the same tank mentioned in this thread (where I have a few lame iPhone pics):
http://www.capitalcichlids.org/forums/showthread.php?p=75920

I'll try to get some video later this weekend, so you can get a better sense of how cool these fish are.

I got eight of them from Paul Reis last fall, and I got a group of six in an ACLC auction last year, which I'm pretty sure were from Jay at Cichlids are special. The two groups have been combined for a few months now, and getting along dandy.

There are probably about 6-12 fry in the 50 breeder with the adults, ranging in size from 3/8" to 3/4", and in a different tank, I've been growing out a previous spawn, and have 17 fry ranging from 1/2" to 1.25".

Like I said, I want to get rid of these, and while I'll consider splitting them up, I'd prefer to sell the whole group. Delivery at next week's meeting.