• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

FS: Invertebrates and Small Fish, S/PU; York PA

msjinkzd

invert junkie
All prices excluding shipping. Live arrival guarantee for fish on EXPRESS only as I cannot control postal delays and the weather outside is frightening. Most invertebrates do just fine priority regardless. I use heat packs and insulated boxes at no additional cost. All fish are double bagged in 2 mil shipping bags and oxygen and purigen are used as needed. I have a lot of low light plants available as well, just ask if you are looking for something.
Paypal preferred, please NO GIFT payments. If you order, please also put your username and what you ordered into the comment box.

Fish

ameca splendens (butterfly goodeid) fry: $2 each-limited amounts

Pseudomugil furcatus (fork tailed rainbow): $5 each

otocinclus affinis: $2 each

Shrimp

Caridina babaulti (dwarf green): $4 each

Amano shrimp: $2.50 each

Dark headed bumblebee shrimp: $4 each

Malawa shrimp: $3 each

Crayfish:

cambarellus patzcuarensis sp. "Orange" (CPO): $18 sexed

Dwarf mexican (mostly likely schufeltdii): $6 each

Snails:

zebra nerite (neritina natalensis): $4 each

Shipping Policy:

Live arrival on EXPRESS only. This time of year and with shipping delays always possible, its out of my control should a package be delayed through priority shipping. That being said, I take my packaging and customer service seriously and will do all in my power to make sure your critters arrive to you safe and sound. Heat packs and insulated boxes are always used.

Priority shipping starts at $8 for east coast, $10 for west coast. Express shipping will be based on an estimate of package weight. If the cost is more than i estimated, I eat it; if its less, I will refund the difference. Express shipping typically costs between $30-40.

Please email a picture of DOA's. Live arrival is voided if package is not deliverable at first attempt. PLEASE let me know if you need signature confirmation waived, package held, or phone number put on the box. I am happy to do any of those things.

Feel free to post with any questions or comments. I have more available than what is listed in this thread so if you are looking for something, just ask! Limited amounts of all species are available.

All invertebrates will be a range of size from juvenile to adult as I have breeding colonies going of all of them.

All fish are qt'd here for a minimum of two weeks. I cannot guarantee against latent illness so its always best to qt on your own as well. I do not list fish that have been unhealthy!

Pickup is always available. I cannot hold fish/inverts until the March meeting though I am happy to bring them if they are still available then.

rich_one

Members
Zebra nerites! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

This weather is making me super nervous about shipping... shoot!

-Rich

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Rach-

Which of those shrimp would be suitable for a 10 gallon planted tank and which would reproduce? I read a quick article in TFH magazine that sort of sparked my attention a bit.

I was thinking of setting up a tank with my trio of albino cories, some endlers and some of the smaller shrimp. Will that work?

Also, why no "gift" selection on Paypal. I usually do "presonal - other" so that the recipient doesn't ahve to pay the fee.

msjinkzd

invert junkie
Rach-

Which of those shrimp would be suitable for a 10 gallon planted tank and which would reproduce? I read a quick article in TFH magazine that sort of sparked my attention a bit.

I was thinking of setting up a tank with my trio of albino cories, some endlers and some of the smaller shrimp. Will that work?

Also, why no "gift" selection on Paypal. I usually do "presonal - other" so that the recipient doesn't ahve to pay the fee.

When paid with the gift feature, it does not allow for printing of labels. It also removes both the buyers and sellers protection. You cannot file disputes if you pay personal. I would much rather pay the fees and have the protection and ease of printing than save a few cents :) If I am not shipping and a person is picking up, personal as "payment owed" is acceptable. I just will reverse any gift payments for fish/inverts which I am to ship :)

As for what shrimp will work, what is your source water like? babaulti like moderately hard water. Bumblebee like softer water. Both will breed readily with teh appropriate conditions. Amanos can be kept with either though they will not have viable young in freshwater.

breeia

Members
Hi Rachel:

I attended the PVAS meeting March 6 (my first). I just have to say, you are awesome! I have never kept inverts (except those unexpected invites on plants) and found your presentation educational. I have also noted you own discus. Here is my question, on a mature tank, high Ph (7.6+) at a temp of 84- ish is there any sort of snail/invert you would recommend (eating algae would be a definite plus)? I have dime sized discus and angels in a 55 (some of my babies have grown up to quarter size at this point).

Thank you for any advice, and either way appreciated the opportunity to hear you speak!

Bri

msjinkzd

invert junkie
With discus I keep adullt amano shrimp (angels may or may not be an issue with these, i have zero angel experience) and clithion corona snails. Most of the other snails don't like temps above 80-82. If its a well planted tank, neocaridina shrimp (cherries) would likely do ok at adult size though angels are very efficient predators.

I am glad you enjoyed the presentation! It was an excellent experience for me, the first time I presented on invertebrates to live people.