• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
FS equipment RO, Bubble bead, Ion exchange, MH lights

by Frank Cowherd » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:00 pm
I have the following equipment for sale:

PRICES ASKING ARE LISTED OR MAKE ME AN OFFER

• Ani and Kati ion exchange unit $100 This equipment produces about 50 gallons of water with no ions in it per day. It produces about 100 gallon before needing to be regenerated. Please, look it up on the internet if you want to see pics and how to operate it. New cost is around $200, MMAO.

• RO unit by which includes tap water prefilter, carbon or micron filter, RO membrane, and mixed ion exchange bed. $100. The unit is a Kent Marine Hi-S Maximua. All replacable items need to be replaced. Includes filter wrench and operating instructions.

• 175 Watt Metal Halide Pendant lights with remote ballasts . I have three of these. $110 each.
Hamilton Metal Halide Pendants
Here is the write up on them from Aquatic Eco-Systems:
These pendant lights are perfect for hanging over reef tanks and touch tanks and for enhancing zoological exhibits. The well-ventilated aluminum reflector features a UV-absorbing splash lens on the 175-watt models and is completely corrosion proof. Fixtures are 115V with remote ballasts and 18' cable cords.
In black finish. Lamps sold separately (mogul base). 175-W pendants are 9.5" Dia. x 14" H. Price from AES is $268 each. Asking $110 each
I used them over a 180 gallon tank and grew great plants. Bulbs can be bought in a number of wavelengths and the light gets easily to the bottom of an 18 inch tank.

file.php
Pendant lightpendant.png (115.12 KiB)

• bubble bead filter suitable for a 2000 gallon pond. This is a BBF1 Operating instruction and beads included. Constructed of heavy-duty plastic. It will give dependable fresh or saltwater service for many years. They are well suited for koi ponds and the smaller recirculating system. They are easy to clean and require very little energy to operate. Made in USA. New units with beads are priced at $1200. Asking $600.
Bubble bead filter (BBF1) Maximum flow rate is 16 gpm. Maximum pressure is 10 psi. Bead capacity is 1cubic feet. Height is 43 inches. Diameter is 17 inches. Inlet and outlet PVC pipes need to be 1 inch. Backwash water loss is 12 gallons.

icon_topic_attach.gif
bubble bead filter side view.jpgbubble bead filter(175.54 KiB) Click to download.