• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Free To A Good Home

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I have free to a good home a young Bumblebee Cichlid (crabro) I acquired as a
refugee during the purchase of a second hand 55 gallon aquarium. The original
owner was a newbie and this fish was the last of his dying cichlid population.
It's an old and sad story we've heard too often... :(

Anyway, I bought the tank for my maturing Angelfish (scalare) and have no room
for the little Bumblebee who is likely to grow larger than all my other fish and
eventually use them for food. Right now the little cutie is in my 10 gallon
quarantine tank and looking for a suitable home. He/she is about 3" long, has a
great appetite, is growing fast, always very yellow and without spots on the
anal fin. If I can't find any takers, the little tyke will probably go up to the
LFS where it risks being sold to another inexperienced aquarist. Not good.

If interested, please call Jim at 301-262-6243 in Bowie, MD.
</span>

JGM

Members
First of all, I would like to thank Pat for posting this for me and his warm email welcome to your forum. Along with getting somewhat attached to the little Bumblebee, it's a strong incentive to become a "cichlidiot". :wink:

So far there haven't been any nibbles on the offer of a free fish, and given my reluctance to look for a home at the local fish store, I might have no choice. If it turns out that no one locally wants her, (I'm assuming it's a she until evidence comes forward to the contrary) then I will have lots of questions about her care, and figuring out my options. Does that mean I will have to send in the $20 and join the association??? :wink:
Thanks again!
Jim

Sonny Disposition

Great speakers, an auction that features cool fish you often don't see in stores, and free chicken wings. Man, why wouldn't you want to send in your $20?

(The only drawback is that the daphnia is a little pricey.)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JGM @ Apr 22 2008, 11:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
First of all, I would like to thank Pat for posting this for me and his warm email welcome to your forum. Along with getting somewhat attached to the little Does that mean I will have to send in the $20 and join the association??? :wink:
Thanks again!
Jim[/b]