• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Fool me once...

Becca

Members
Yesterday morning I was both perplexed and excited - There were EGGS on the glass of the 29. They looked an awful lot like Cory eggs, but this made NO sense - that tank is currently running at around 88 degrees to combat the ich that somehow jumped from the 150 in the basement, up the stairs, past obsessive hand-washing, to my poor little 29. Cory cats don't breed in HOT water...

I thought, hey, maybe it's the Nerite snails, but the eggs from the one in the 6 gallon are much smaller than this...

Well, I googled Nerite snail eggs and, what do you know, it's the dang Nerite snails. Wouldn't you figure, I can't get the eggs off the glass for love or money and, even though they are not supposed to hatch in fresh water, a fair number of them appear to be doing just that...:eek:

chriscoli

Administrator
I think nerite snails do hatch, but the larvae don't survive. Rachel might correct me on this, though.

msjinkzd

invert junkie
they will sometimes pop their lids and release veligers, but they won't become snails in full freshwater

Leffler817

CCA Members
I have a plastic dish scraper from pampered chef that works well. They were a three pack my wife brought home from some 'party'. I took one to try it out and "lost it" in with the fish stuff. :D

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app