• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Fish Farting Problem.

Not funny but still makes you laugh. My Mobas will lay it down when they take go poo.:eek: Large amounts of air are entering my fishes body and being secreted. I feed them 1mm and 3mm NLS sinking pellets. I have noticed the pellets letting air out of them when they hit the bottom of the tank. Even when I hold it under the water for a minute before I let it drop. My fronts and my Clown Loaches both display this behavior. My fronts have always farted a little but lately man they are letting a lot of air out. I am worried. Does anyone have any advice as to what steps I should take to take care of this problem.

Should I even worry?:confused:

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
Not funny but still makes you laugh. My Mobas will lay it down when they take go poo.:eek: Large amounts of air are entering my fishes body and being secreted. I feed them 1mm and 3mm NLS sinking pellets. I have noticed the pellets letting air out of them when they hit the bottom of the tank. Even when I hold it under the water for a minute before I let it drop. My fronts and my Clown Loaches both display this behavior. My fronts have always farted a little but lately man they are letting a lot of air out. I am worried. Does anyone have any advice as to what steps I should take to take care of this problem.

Should I even worry?:confused:
adds a new twist to "oh your fishtank smells funny" lol.

I guess I should take a video I am sure everyone will get a kick out of farting fish. lol.

I have def. read a lot on Cyphos.com and have found that lots of peoples Fronts fart and have no trouble come of it. I just wanted to see if anyone had any personal experience with this. It must be a species thing.

These are big farts too, lol.

Last edited:

RIFT_LAKES_RULE

Member of the Darkside Tang's Rule!
I still haven't seen my lil mobas do this... mine must have good manners. :) I sure hope your's haven't taught the 2 you got from me to "blow bubbles", I raised them better than that!!!

On a serious note, fronts will develop "float" if they get air in thier system so it's a good thing they're releasing it... on the other hand it's not so good that they're getting that much air inside them. Do they feed at the surface at all? I've always heard to soak the pellets and squeeze the air out while under water but you're already doing that. If they're not feeding at the surface at all, not really sure how they'd get that much air in them.

Last edited:
I am rinsing and squeezing the pellets and letting them sink. No top feeding at all they eat on the bottom. But after I rinse the pellets they go to the bottom and still are releasing air as if stuck inside. I am just wondering if it is the NLS.

I still haven't seen my lil mobas do this... mine must have good manners. :) I sure hope your's haven't taught the 2 you got from me to "blow bubbles", I raised them better than that!!!

On a serious note, fronts will develop "float" if they get air in thier system so it's a good thing they're releasing it... on the other hand it's not so good that they're getting that much air inside them. Do they feed at the surface at all? I've always heard to soak the pellets and squeeze the air out while under water but you're already doing that. If they're not feeding at the surface at all, not really sure how they'd get that much air in them.

RIFT_LAKES_RULE

Member of the Darkside Tang's Rule!
That's interesting, not really sure what to recommend. Good thing is they're not developing the "float". Have you taken any recent pics? Are they more amazing looking than when you first got em? One of these days i gotta get some WC's...

today and yesterday. There is some territorial things going on. It looks like one of the females is pairing with the male and they are picking on the other female a little and swimming and Flirting together. The females belly is also looking a little bit bigger.

their colors are amazing no new pictures. I have been letting them be, I have been trying to disturb as least as possible.

BUT, I have a problem in my tank. The 3 large clown loaches are looking finely white spotted just on their head. It is only the 3 big ones displaying this. The spots are very fine tho. You can only see them if you look very close. I have no hospital tank big enough for the loaches right now. I am very upset. I have spent last night and today raising the temp to see if that will take care of the problem. I have some figuring out to do. The only thing newly introduced to the tank is the Fronts. A little frustrated for the first time in my fish history. I am sure I will figure out what to do.