• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Filtration

verbal

CCA Members
POST PICTURES OF THESE RACKS WITH TANKS INSTALLED PLEASE.

Jon posted pics in this thread:

http://www.capitalcichlids.org/forums/showthread.php?t=12390&highlight=edsal

I have one done that way with 30 breeders on the bottom, I don't know that mine looks different enough to post.

The last post in the bottom is a pic of shane's fish room with the original build. It is 6 feet high and covered.

The only issue I have had with the stand/tanks is my 3 year old son's love of "decorating" the tanks. My second set is more like Shane's but not prettied up.

Jefft

Members
Jon has some up that look far more stylish than mine does.. LOL.. my set up is humble in comparison.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Jesse beat me to the punch with my build thread. It seems to work pretty well so far. The shelving set I bought actually has enough pieces to make 2 stands. The intended use is to splice the posts together to make a 6' tall shelf. It comes with 5 shelves and I added one at the bottom of my rack for stability. Not sure that it actually does anything. With the slotted nature of the posts, you can easily add additional bracing to sturdy it up.

Thanks for the kind words Jeff, but there isn't anything special about my set up. Just the edsal shelf and tanks with glass tops. I actually took the divider out of the top tank this weekend. I like the tanks way more with out the divider. I need to move some more stuff around on the bottom tank and get the divider out of it as well.

Last edited:

Jefft

Members
picture.php

This is mine I set it low so it would be about face level next to my bed (which is not made at this time hence the poor angle.) no pics of the bed included. When I get another 40 I will drop this tank to the lowest shelf and set a new 40 on top. I love that for a 60.00 purchase I have shelving for four more 40s. Next up purchases another 40g and a 125 or so to go out in the living room.

Jefft

Members
Jon's is the same as mine fully set up it is 5 shelves high. what you see is two shelves of the 5. So both his and mine have 3 more shelves which can be set to carry more tanks. They do have larger units though which will hold bigger tanks. Dont know how well they will fit the dimensions of the tanks. But this is where I am headed when I go for a bigger tank unit.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
David - Jeff is correct. The unit I bought has a 36" x 18" footprint and is made to be 5 shelves high. The posts come in 2 sections with a splice piece. I simply did not install the top section of the shelf.