• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Festae

Welp, since my 150 gallon didn't sell I decided to fill it up with water and go in a direction I have not been.

I just ordered 5 WC Festae from ecuador, from Jeff Rapps. Looking forward to getting these guys in and I am aware of their aggression issues.

I was just wondering if anybody had some quality, first hand experience with keeping these fish?

I have done tons of research and feel I am prepared......I have kept petrochromis afterall.:)

Any tips?

danger_chicken

Swim Fishy Swim!
The guy I got mine from had 1 male and 3 females in a 75. They were all around 4-5", the male breed with 2 of the females at the same time. They each had the fry on separate ends of the tank. I don't know what happened after the frist two weeks of the fry free swimming. If you end up with an extra male let me know.

Spine

Members
Watch them closely and put in plenty of dithers. Mine would get along fine and then all a sudden one would kill the other, especially after a failed spawn. My favorite female killed more males than I can remember, just when I was going to give up she found one she liked.:)
When Festae are in their breeding colors they are a sight to be seen (awesome). Great fish you'll be happy you got them.

I have some Altifrons. Would they make decent dithers for them?

I'll probably have an extra male or two. We'll see. They are only about 4 inches right now.

Sonny Disposition

I don't think they're quite as mean as a urophthalmus, but I'm guessing they're pretty mean. Wouldn't they eventually kill any dither fish?