• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Feel like downsizing from a 6 footer ? (it does sound dumb)

Duane911

Members
So in my endless search for a 6 foot tank I'd figure I'd try this as well. Upon finding long 125 gal and the fact that my landlord is not keen on me replecating a petsmart in his basement I figured maybe someone is wanting to downsize and trade. Heck, that's how I obtained my 55. I traded my 29, stand and lots of equip for his. My 55 is wood grain with matching stand. Obviously I'd be tossing in cash as well. I do post these searches for a large tank frequently because I wait for that " deal " sorry to jam up the marketplace with my ramblings.

rich_one

Members
Well, I'm not a mod here, and this is only a suggestion on my part... I feel your pain... I have been in your position before, and I just so happened to get REALLY lucky back in November and got my 125 w/ light, hood and stand for $250. It was being used as a snake tank at the time, but the thing holds water great... I had to drive a nice distance... but it was worth it.

Anyway, to my point... if I were you, I would just put in every way you are willing to work an offer... money... trade... whatever... and put it in one post. Then, you can just keep bumping it every so often to keep it on top. That may be a better solution than creating 10 separate threads about the same thing.

Again... I'm definitely not ragging on ya, or at least, not trying to... just a suggestion, so you can still pursue your goal, without clogging the forum with multiple threads to the same goal... something I've done before, then wished I didn't.

good luck... I hope you find your tank soon!

-Rich

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Well, I'm not a mod here, and this is only a suggestion on my part... I feel your pain... I have been in your position before, and I just so happened to get REALLY lucky back in November and got my 125 w/ light, hood and stand for $250. It was being used as a snake tank at the time, but the thing holds water great... I had to drive a nice distance... but it was worth it.

Anyway, to my point... if I were you, I would just put in every way you are willing to work an offer... money... trade... whatever... and put it in one post. Then, you can just keep bumping it every so often to keep it on top. That may be a better solution than creating 10 separate threads about the same thing.

Again... I'm definitely not ragging on ya, or at least, not trying to... just a suggestion, so you can still pursue your goal, without clogging the forum with multiple threads to the same goal... something I've done before, then wished I didn't.

good luck... I hope you find your tank soon!

-Rich

^^^^^ This. No offense.

Duane911

Members
Ok folks sorry. This is my first time using a forum and posting/ joining any kind of club. I didn't mean to clog the system.

bertolli

Members
Check CL several times daily, if you're patient and have a van/truck big enough to pick up asap you can generally find a 100+ size tank practically free.
Best deal I got so far is my 75g came with glass lids, stand, and full sump for $100

danger_chicken

Swim Fishy Swim!
Not only do I check cl for my area buy for the entire state of va, md, dc and wv !
That is what you have to do. There are only so many members online so creating new threads wont get you the results your after. Check York PA and DE too. If you want a really great deal you will have to search and wait. They pop up all the time, but if your in a hurry forget it